Saturday, May 24, 2008

Byers Lake

Byers Lake

Last night Chris, David Stilwell, Tyler (sometime), Carissa Mahon and I went 15 miles up the road to byers lake. It was so pretty. When you get there the first sign you see is "kids don't float" haha i was laughing so hard, and thought that would be the perfect sign for the cabin. How funny would that be. Unfortunatly, unlike Alaska someone would probably come steal the lifejackets. (which is sad) These little things just make me smile, it's what I love about being here. Everything is on the Honor system. Who could steal a lifejacket with such a true sign hanging above it...Kids don't float, and if you take the lifejackets there won't be any for those children who'd like to swim. Then we walked awhile around the lake. Trudged through mud and snow to get to the suspension bridge. It was by far the funnest thing I've ever been on. Chris was hoping across on one foot, not holding on. I was laughing so hard. Then we went the .3 other miles to get to the waterfall. The misquitoes were ridiculous:( I got bit a few times, but i was covered up pretty well. We took lots of pictures then headed back towards the car. It's always so amazing to me how quick the way back goes. You've already seen everything, and the anticipation and excitment of almost being there is gone. On the drive down the Parks highway chris and I thought it would be an excellent idea to hang our heads out the windows and take pictures. haha. It was a lot of fun, something everyone should try once in their lives. A bug hit chris's face, and it was really hard to breath, but i'll probably never do it again. One of those "i've tried it once" things. After that Chris and I went to Joy's. Talked with Conrad, Joy and Kaynie for a long time, had otter pops, and then went home. Del's camping this weekend, it's sad because I might not be able to talk to him till monday or so. Luckily I have the hugs and kisses chocolates he got me last summer... to help me not be sad he's gone. We hardly get the opportunity to talk since i've been here. We probably average about 45 minutes a week. that's not much considering most of the talking is done within two conversations! Anyways, chris is waiting to hang out with me I think. It's one of those Alaskan rainy days so i'm going to go back to my room, and clean a bit. I'll try to update more often, but the internet sucks:(
Funny Faces after a long "walk"
Carissa, Christopher and I
Our hoodies protect us from misquitoes
Carissa and I (she's my suite mate)
Hanging out the sunroof 70 mph down the Parks highway
I'll never do this again
Our Hiking group!

Chris and I

A sweet old cabin...that Chris ignored the sign and climbed inside.

1 comments:

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

There are some cute pictures on this site of you guys. So glad you are having fun. I'll send you mail soon. I got your address from mom. You must have called her that night after we went to bed. All is well. We got home safetly, mom and dad are doing well, house looked great, yard is beginning to look good, and the boys worked a bit on the garden. Matt wants to park there someday! Love you, miss you, say your prayers...make wise decisions and make LOTS of friends!