Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Alaskan Birthday!

My birthday was absolutely amazing! It started off by waking up at 5am to catch the 6am shuttle to Anchorage for the train. I was going to be working with Rebecca and Sadie! Sadie had bought me a self heating hot cocoa because she knows how much I love my hot cocoa. It has to be the best invention in the world I think:) So after getting on the train I had cars 1, 2, & 3 and they all decided to sing me happy birthday. It was a pretty easy day which was really really nice. We had to work with a girl who deserted out dept. and went to front desk named Christina. She was taking dinner reservations for the Mt. View Dining room at the Lodge. She has to be one of the stupidest people up here which really isn't that nice but she's pretty lame. It was definatly a birthday ruiner that she had to come with us. But I was really nice to her, she's just a pain to work with for sure. During lunch the on board manager La Vina brought me a free Chocolate SMOOTHIE! I was so tickled. After getting off the train I helped Ommie find this ladies camara who ended up giving each of us a 5 dollar tip...I tried to tell her that I couldn't accept a tip for walking down to another coach to pick up something that she simply just left behind, but she insisted. Since I didn't feel right about not doing anything I decided that I would donate the $5 to the transportation department for our 4th of july parade fund. That way it was going back to those who actually made more effort behind the scene than I had in the situation. We rode with Kaynie from the Mex Depot to Talkeetna where she had everyone on board her coach sing me happy birthday. Sadie, Becca and I helped in the shuttle stop where STUPID skip started screaming at me telling me "You don't know what you're doing" and "stop ruining my operation" He's really dumb though and no one listens to him. He's one of those guys who is given a little power and runs with it. The thing is he had no right to even be in the shuttle lot barking orders to drivers OR ME none the less. He has no say in what goes on in the parking lot...So I was so mad that I decided i'm not even going to help me with his parking catastrophe. The 3 of us girls then caught the first coach out of the lot which was Andrews coach. I listened to my iPod and took a much needed nap on the way home. Sadie and I got home and we took another long nap. After sleeping through dinner at the EDR everyone insisted that I eat at a resteraunt. Being that it was a Ship day (McKinley Express, which is people coming straight up from their cruise to our lodge) All the restaurants were pretty full. We ordered take out and drove down to get it. When coming back to my room I stepped inside a room of like 15 people. We ate and talked for awhile when then they showed up at a huge chocolate cake! Haha dear friends even had a lighter for me to blow out that they held on top. I opened a few gifts from them and then we took some pictures. After that we played apples to apples and it was an all around good time. After a long and tiring birthday I went over to Joy and Kaynie's room to unwind and just relax for awhile before bed. Before actually going to sleep that night I was reassured that they had left the lights on all night to "charge" my glow-in-the-dark stars above my bed so that I could star-gaze. Everyone up here knows how excited I get when my stars are charged enough to shine brightly. Chris insisted that he spend my birthday with me ALL THE WAY up until it was no longer my birthday, so he was able to star-gaze with me. It was an awesome day and I couldn't have asked for a better Alaskan 19th Birthday. Although I missed my family and friends back home, I couldn't be blessed with better friends here in Alaska who poured their hearts and soul into making my day absolutly wonderful. Also-Thanks to all those who sent me Text messages and sweet phone calls throughout the week/day. It is greatly appreciated to know i'm remembered and you care:) Sorry for those I was unable to talk too, as you can tell it was a busy day and I just didn't have the time to answer every call. After all this- I love you all, and thank you for the most wonderful day:)

Sadie is the Best Roommate!
This is my bed. Sadie Beth and Carissa Decorated it for me!

These are the best friends in the whole wide world! I couldn't ask to be associated with more pleasant people:)

Chris and I

Our Alaska Shirts

My sisters Birthday Balloon that made the party what it was! Thanks stephanie:)


1 comments:

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

That is the best balloon ever. I am so glad that I sent it to you. That is so great to have such good friends that made your birthday special. I worried about it and hoped that somebody would do something. So what did you get for your birthday if they got you gifts. Isn't it amazing the good things true friends do for you. They are so special I am so happy for you. Remember " happy everyday"