Sunday, February 22, 2009

Puppy-Sitting

I picked up Piper from Adam and Brandi's on Wednesday morning before heading home from Coeur D'alene. They were heading to the annual Bear Lake snowmobiling trip and Piper is pregnant. She was so sad for the first 10 minutes and was literally yelling at me for taking me from her home when she was so close to giving birth. Mom suggested that I give Piper her blanket that Adam and Brandi sent with me to give to her after giving birth. She fell right asleep. Yesterday morning I awoke to Bodie crying and whining at the door. I called him and laid next to him a few moments when I heard the same crying coming from the downstairs bathroom where Piper was put for the night. I went down and checked on her and she was standing backwards, in her kennel, on all 4's. Then, a few hours later similar cries filled the house and when I went to check on her she was standing backwards? I thought maybe she was having contractions or something. While I was at work, I had a feeling that there was going to be puppies when I got home. Carson beat me to the house as he, Janel, Del, Marissa and Robby were to come over and play rockband. I asked Carson to check on the dogs, and he responded with "you got 3 puppies" haha, When I got home Janel helped me clean up the mess on the bathroom floor and we handed Piper her quilt. She looked really tired but very well. Today she is perky and drinking water. I have no problems at all getting her away from the puppies to go to the bathroom either. One is a whiner, I have yet to figure out which one it is. Anyways, here are some pictures of Brandi and Adams new puppies.



3 puppies, 2 girls, 1 boy


All they do it eat! They are going to be chubby


They fit in my hand. But piper doesn't like it to leave her so she picks it up by the rear end and brings it back to the others!


One of the females. She's the cuter of the two.


The male is the brown one.

Bodie loves playing with the puppies, but Piper scares him. This particular smokey gray puppy was dropped when piper headed out to go the bathroom.


She proves to be an excellent mother!


She licks, licks and licks some more. Goodness!


How precious. Mommy and her son!

The dark female

1 comments:

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

umm time for a new post please!