Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hello Seattle

A couple weeks ago, My family journeyed over to Seattle for the weekend. My sister Stephanie and her family were visiting the North from Rexburg, and we were able to gather in one location at the same time. I had been getting to know and getting very close to my (then) friend Ryan Rios from Libby. We were able to work our the car arrangements so he and I were together. The drive over to Issaquah was awesome. He and I really had and opportunity to talk some things out and get to know each other on a deeper level. We spent nearly the whole day driving, and I couldn't say it wasn't amazing:) I received a call in Ellensburg from mom saying my nephew David had left his "bear" he sleeps with at my parents house in Sandpoint. She asked for Ryan and I to keep our eye peeled for another bear so he would sleep peacefully. Being that we were about 20 minutes ahead of mom and dad's rig, Ryan and I decided to go to Bell Square in Bellevue and 'Build-A-Bear' for David. Boy was that adventurous. They have you pick the animal you want to stuff. Then you go over to these huge machines and somebody puts stuffing in the bear and sews it up. We put a little heart on the inside the beats, it's so cute. Then you go to a station and wash and scrub the bear (a bath) to get all the fuzzes off him. Then you go through the wardrobe department


After meeting up with Mom, Dad, Stephanie and Andrew, we headed out to Port Angelas, Washington for Aunt Glenda's wedding reception. It was Ryans first time on a ferry so that was a lot of fun.



Ryan and I gave David his build-a-bear which was quickly named Bear Jr. Or Junior Bear. The story was that Bear Jr. was Bears brother, and Bear had to stay at Grandma and Grandpa's.



David (at first) was much more interested in the ferry experience then his new bear... until ...



He spotted the Candy that came in the Easter basket with it.



And then all he cared about was the candy, forget the bear! (until bear is needed later)



We made it to Aunt Glenda's reception fairly late. Since we had to travel from North Idaho, wait for the ferry and traffic and such we didn't exactly make it on time. But when we had arrived there was still food, and she was still in her dress:) You see, Aunt Glenda went to Vegas to get married a few months prior, so it was special for us to be able to attend her reception. We were the only ones on mom's side of the family there:) It was fun to catch up with Aunt Glenda and her daughter Tasha.



Tasha and I are about a year apart in age.



Tasha, Deanna, and Stephanie. (Cousins)




Ryan was handed a baby to watch while Stephanie and I visited with family. He did so well with Hannah. About a half hour later, Hannah Bear was ready to eat and ready to go - so Ryan was put in charge of David playing in the water in the Bathroom. He is so good with kids, it's cute:)



On Sunday, Adam and Brandi and their daughter Adalynn arrived. Hannah didn't waste any time in cuddling with Uncle Adam:)




Uncle Adam is also very good with Children. Adalynn was so tired when she got to Issaquah that she immediately went down for a nap. Sunday afternoon we just spent the time catching up as a family, joking around, and sitting around.



Brandi and Stephanie



Ryan and I



Sunday night mom suggested that Ryan and I get out for awhile. So we got in the car and decided to explore. We ended up at the fish hatchery talking - and decided to walk around for a bit. This is where I received "the first kiss" (which is another blog and another story start to finish all on it's own). We did a couple errands for the family and returned home to the following picture. Andrew met Ryan and I at the door, and said they had something for me to try. They sat me in a chair in the middle of the room with two oreos. They told me I had one minute to wiggle two oreos from my forehead to my mouth. It's no easy task let me tell you what. Such a fun game full of a lot of laughter. I dropped the first oreo, and made the second. I love my family and the fun memories we create when we're all together:)


We spent the next couple days shopping, laughing and having a great old time. Ryan really impressed me with how much he fit into my family. They wouldn't let us get away with saying we were friends. They grilled Ryan and would ask over and over throughout the course of the weekend if we "are dating" or what. Being he is headed to California in a few weeks, we weren't real sure if a long distance relationship was what either of us needed or wanted. In spending time together we both realized you can't stop the course of what is supposed to happen. We couldn't fight the feelings we had...so one the way home, Wednesday March 23rd....It became official:) (which once again, is a blog all on it's own titled "our story" and will be posted soon)

So there you have it, the story of the weekend Ryan met my family:)


Bear and Bear Jr. say SO LONG - and until next time, Good night:)

1 comments:

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

Jr. Bear Says hello to RYAN RIOS! He says to say, THANK YOU for birthing him and adopting him out! We LOVE you Aunt Deanna.