Saturday, April 2, 2011

David what should we name the baby?

While sitting at my sisters yesterday, my nephew became very cuddly. It must have been a long day or something, as he was very calm and collected. He sat by my sister and I for about 10 minutes. I started to feel my sisters stomach hoping to feel the baby. I was able to push in one spot and got her to move. David saw me doing this, and inquistively placed his hand on his mom's belly.

"right here Aunt Deanna, right here?" he would ask. I would direct his hand and push in a little bit. While doing this, I felt "baby-sister" move. I asked him if he felt it, but unsure he responded, "uhh Yeah!" So cute, who knows if David really did feel his sister move inside his mothers belly, but he sure was interested in what Aunt Deanna was trying to do and feel. This copy-cat like scenario was then repeated by David's younger sister Hannah. She then come over and started the hold her hand on her mothers tummy as well! Confused, she placed her precious little hand on top of David's and waited to feel the baby move. When we asked David what they should name the baby, he would say, "I dun no" - but really earlier he said - baby sister. Such precious children, whom I will miss very much when I leave Rexburg this week.


I think the saddest part about leaving to go to Alaska, is for the first time, I will miss 2 babies being born into the family. I won't even get to see my niece and nephew till late September. I have been spending a lot of time over at my sisters the past few weeks, as I realize time is getting shorter. It's definitely a hard time every time I have to say goodbye-for-now to my nephew David. He and I are so close. But it is almost that time to bid him farewell, and I WONT SEE HIM AGAIN TILL HE'S 4! Man time flies by.

0 comments: