Thursday, July 17, 2008

4th of July!

It's tradition I guess to order Chicken Strips from the bar while decorating the coach the night before the parade. So we all sat in the coach and ate our late night snack. Chris is getting up through the roof hatch to decorate around the top of the motorcoach. Dick is in the back of the bus walking forward then its Kaynie David and I.

This is the tour desk. I usually work behind the desk as an expeditor about 2 days a week. This is Sadie, Linda and Allison. Allison is in the light blue shirt becuase she is a Supervisor

Our paper machet fish! It took Ommie a long time to construct but it was well worth it. It placed 2nd in the parade. The theme, a princess fish.

Our motor coach or the parade. Joy is strapped on top in a M&M costume. Ommie is behind her holding the olympic torch. The theme of this was Transpolympics.

The side of the motorcoach and Ommie throwing candy into the crowd on the curb. As you can see in front of the coach is a bunch of transportation department employees marching like we're making our grand entrance into the Olympic stadium. We all had little ribbons and flags. It was a lot of fun:)
It was really too bad that I didn't get to see Fire works this 4th of July. It actually was probably the worst day I ever worked. We had 3 coaches break down and then the fatal accident of my friends was that night. It was a tough day, but i'm glad I have excellent friends and family who were there for me when I needed them most. I love you all!:):) I also hope everyone watched the fireworks for me and thought of my poor soul sitting underneathe the cloudy sky that wasn't even dark yet.

0 comments: