Tuesday, November 25, 2008

DREAMS SHATTERED




Last night I was looking on craigslist for a car. I've been thinking for awhile that it'd be good to purchase my own vehicle that way mom can sell my car, or use it as a more economical car for themselves. So I discovered a 2005 VW passat TDI GLS 2.0L in Coeur D' Alene. It was the same exact car that I remembered emailing about in August when I was in Alaska. The guy had dropped the price $1500 and so it sparked my interest. I emailed him asking him again how many miles were on the car, and told him I could have a loan approval by the next morning. He wrote back around midnight when I was already in bed and said the car had 71,743 miles on it. SCREAMING DEAL! He was letting his car go for $5800:) I was so excited. I quickly faxed in a loan application around noon, kept trying to email him...and contact the insurance. After not hearing back from him all afternoon I decided to pull up his craiglist ad again, and it was gone. He had removed it. I was so sad. I bet he sold it:( I was crushed, I literally felt like crying. It was such a good deal - but I guess it was too good to be true. I mean the car blue booked at $13,500. (curt even said he could've sold in for $10,000 in 2 hours in Denver) Man I wish I could've had that car...I guess i'll just find another one.


SAY GOODBYE TO THE CAR I COULD'VE BEEN DRIVING TOMORROW.

2 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

wa wa wa (crying sounds)... :D Sorry, Deanna! Something will come up though. Things happen for a reason, always remember that. I bet it was a "lemon" anyway. Good luck though!

Adam

Deanna said...

worse, a scam. I pulled up the item number on ebay that they put on the site they linked to an email and it came up some piece of artwork so it wasn't a legit deal which makes me feel a little better. Curt found a lot more about it that's iffy but that's the thing that threw me off...plus the guy wrote an email telling me that shipping would be free and stuff. Gay.