Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cause I'm a country girl?

YEA NOT SO MUCH!

Well the day was a little bit crazy. It started out fine, all the way up until work. We seemed to be really busy and it was a Tuesday night. . . we had a couple of false brain wraps and a few projector alarms. Nothing major though :D Then, when I was down checking on the crew, I noticed this huge group come in all at once. They began raising their voices and causing a commotion. What they were demanding and threatening was to let 12 of them into the movie for free. Apparently they had called into our automated system and were given the wrong show times. So they showed up to a movie, and we weren't open. They threatened that if we didn't give them the managers name and number AND let them in for free they were going to cause a huge ruckus in town, and write the news paper everyday with letters to the editor about how terrible our business is. Little do they know a recent charged Sex offender named Jewels wrote about the same thing 3 years ago, and it hasn't changed our business. To deal with such abusive ladies, we would rather loose their business than let 12 in for free. Had they approached us nicely and asked rather than yelled and demanded we might have been able to to accommodate some type of compensation....Well they ended up deciding to PAY for the movie after calling mom and telling her she was a stupid stupid business woman. When they came out of the theater the floor boy noticed a wine bottle courtesy of our new 12 friends. This would explain their radical and belligerent behavior.


Next, I clocked off at the theater around 11:45. As I headed around Bottle Bay road I got into some sketchy, hard to pass by areas. You see, it snowed all morning here in Sandpoint, then quickly turned to rain. I noticed the plow hadn't been by but figured the more I got away from the open the better the roads would get. When I got the first hill, I got stuck. Oh dear, I was so tired, and just wanted to get home. I must have attempted it 10 times before finally making it to the top....There was so much slush and a sheet of ice underneath. As I continued my route I realized it was only getting worse? I couldn't even get traction on flat ground, imagine attempting a slight incline. Finally when I got to where I wrecked 3 winters ago...I called mom and dad. They said they were almost to Cocolalla and would be there shortly. Knowing they'd be coming around Bottle Bay I decided to get out, put on my flashers, and break in my chains. (Note: they've never been used) I used everything in my trunk that I though I never would. A) chains B) pliers C) flashlight D) pocket knife E) screw driver. After about 10 minutes the chains were on and ready to go. I was so sick of attempting this small hill. I must have tried at least 25 times, and that's not even exaggerating. I had been in that very spot for an hour before making the decision to put my chains on. I made it up the hill, and slowly but surely continued my journey home. I really can't emphasise enough how bad they actually were. Now some might think to yourselves "well she's just not experienced in those conditions" and you're right! But, let's put it this way... It took Dad longer to come around the Bottle Bay road behind me, then it did for him to come from Coeur D'Alene, to the Bottle Bay Road. I finally got to our driveway at 2:20 am. Exhausted I took off my chains and mom and dad pulled up behind me soon. I was soaking wet, and ready for bed. What a night.
My chains...It was dark and cold getting down on the ground. But - luckily I had my sweatshirt and Carhartt in my trunk, so I didn't have to get my good coat all nasty.


But the lessons I had learned was, had I not hung out with Carson and Del when we've gone on drives, gotten stuck, and had to get out...I wouldn't have been able to make it home. I think I used everything I've observed them do in my eventful drive home. Everything except 4-wheel drive of course... I was pretty wide open and sideways on most hills...until I put my chains on...then it was a slow creep to the top. Dad was so impressed I made it home, mom even said he had a couple of close calls coming home in 4-wheel drive. I don't know but I felt relieved to finally be home, and get in bed. So no I'm not a country girl, but I just kept thinking of Del's ring-back tone that says:
Cause I'm a country boy
Got a 4-wheel drive
climb in my bed
I'll take you for a ride
up city streets
down country roads
I can take you where you need to go
Cause I'm a country boy
Well....my song would be a little more like:
Cause I'm a country girl
Got a 2 wheel drive
climb in my neon
I'll take you for a ride
up the hills
we will fish tail
I will try to get you where you need to go
cause I'm a country girl (with a neon)
Anyways I wouldn't have made it home if i hadn't been out riding with the guys. Thanks boys :D









1 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

Yeah! Hasn't this weather pretty much sucked?!!! I'm proud of you, though, lil' sis. Chains and all. Good job. And, in regards to the theater houligans, NEVER REWARD BAD BEHAVIOR. Common thought is that the louder I get and the more I try to speak to a higher person in command, the more I will get or the better customer service I will get. I see it all the time. NEVER REWARD BAD BEHAVIOR. If you do feel the need to make an exception, its always important that you mention that an exception is being made. Nice post, though. You always remember to take pictures of events when I wouldn't ever think of taking a picture, i.e. the chains, or the road you were trying to make it through. Thanks for bloggin'!!!


Adam