Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Washington

welcome to Omak, Washington. On friday morning mom and dad and I traveled the 4 hours to Okanogan to go to Melanie Mills baby shower. Baby Parker Eden will be born soon now, and we wanted to show our love and support for her baby girl. The shower was great. I think they said they counted 38 people there which was really good. Melanie looked so happy! I hadn't seen her since Alaska, but I'm so glad I had to opportunity to go spend sometime back where my story began. Jeremy and Morgan had asked that we go and take pictures of the house on Sandflat road. (I think that's what it was called) the whole way there mom and dad were trying to point out things and memories of Omak, but unfortunately I was so young I don't remember much about it. In fact the baby shower was a little bit daunting as I couldn't remember anyone there except Shawna Law. I'll get to that in a minute.


Carson Mills Aka: my first kiss. We grew up together! Man I missed this kid, it was good catching up with him from the good old days.


I volunteered to write down the gifts and who they were from.

This is Melanie's overflowing gift table. It took like 2 hours to open them!


Growing up Lori was like a 2ND mother. Our families have been great friends over the years, and Lori is one women to really look up too. She has such a positive personality and always wants to see the best of everyone. Something I could really learn to do.

At the shower everyone kept telling me they hadn't seen me since my classic sombrero act. I remember doing a Christmas talent show performance with Stephanie where we beat on some drums and sang some silly song. But I don't remember these people, so it was awkward to hear how much "I've grown up!"

Sunday morning we got up at 5am to drive to Wenatchee. Ricky's ward was at 9am and we knew the roads would be a little snowy. Luckily, the roads were really good, and we got there with 15 minutes to spare. Ricky gave a really good talk. Also on the roster for that morning was sister Wengreen, and lynsie white. It was a very good sacrament meeting. Afterwards we went over to Dicks house to visit and have dinner. Dick prepared a Ham and potatoes for dinner and then we took pictures. They are to follow. I stayed at Brittney's house and mom and dad stayed at the Felty's. Sorry it's so short but American Idol is on and I don't really have the attention span to blog.


When it was time to leave Ricky didn't want to let me go. He held on with all his might. Note: I'm in a dress. Noah and Landon helped try to "rescue" me.

Noah is growing up so much also. He's now 13 in the 7th grade. He lives with Allen and Erin in Moses Lake. I remember when he was a little boy when Stephanie would babysit him.

Uncle Ricky and Landon

Cousinly Love!

I love you Ricky, and will miss you terribly. best of luck on your mission. I have no doubt you'll make the best missionary Ventura, California has ever seen!

3 comments:

The Noble Family said...

Thanks for the Omak house picture. Jeremy loves that house. It looks like you had a great time.

Adam & Brandi said...

Ahhh...I miss that house too! I miss all of our houses growing up, Wenatchee, Omak, Walla Walla, Spokane, the trailer in California... hahaha I wish we could have gone. sounds like it was an overall fun trip and "break" for you.

Adam

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

P.S. I was thinking about what you said...that I hadn't commented on your blog for a long time. I guess you're right. I did see these pictures, but I saw them on facebook too and I must have commented on them on facebook. Wish I could have been there. According to matt mills, if I wouldn't have grown up, I could have been. I wouldn't trade a thing! hehehe