Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ranger?


I have wanted to buy my own vehicle recently, but I wasn't really sure what it was that I wanted. Over the past couple months I realized I wanted something reliable, and that had 4 wheel drive. I have been looking a lot of craigslist and have been very careful to not get into another scam type deal. I came across this 1999 Ford Ranger. I have been emailing this guy back and forth, and today recieved the auto report. The title is clean and it's a gorgeous truck. I HOPE I CAN HAVE IT! The only problem? They're in Bothell, WA...So unless Jeremy can possibly go look and drive it I can't get it. Another, I have no credit...So if mom and dad won't co-sign I can't get it...A third and final problem...SFCU closed my account because I didn't have the minimum in there. I never knew there was a minimum, so now i have to open another account in order to apply for a loan. Buying a new car is so stressful but I really feel it's the right thing for me to do now. I can make the payments, and build credit on top of that. Plus mom and dad will be able to do what they want now with their car without worrying about leaving me without transportation. There is so much to figure out, and I'm so excited to go through it. Here are some picutres and a copy of the craigslist ad :D I hope it all works out!






1999 Ford Ranger XLT – Black
4.0L V6, 4x4, automatic, extended cab, PS/PB, cruise, tilt, CD, Line-X spray in bedliner, rear slider, running boards, alloy wheels, Wild Country Radial tires with plenty of tread left, towing package set up with trailer brake system, 102k miles. This truck has been great to me. I recently purchased a larger truck and can't justify having two! It has new brakes both front and rear, ball joints, shocks, plugs and wires, and a new battery. This is fantastic deal and well below Kelly Blue Book and NADA values. respond to the ad if interested. I will consider all reasonable offers. Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

Hmm. Andrew says that is a lot of miles. Well, I say it too! heehe. Why do you have to have four wheel drive? can't you just get a little car with low miles for low price? that's probably best to start out with. Rick's dad is selling his old blue ford ranger. As him about rangers. I don't know how good they are after 100k miles. Hmmm. Scares me.

Deanna said...

think about it. My car is an 05. I have 50,000 on it...just after 3 years. This is 10 years old...it makes sense. Ps. I don't want a car. I always wanted an suv or truck. Hence the 4runner? There are problems with every car, no matter where you get it from, especially if you buy it privately...So basically what it boils down to is my wants and needs...and I want a 4x4 so i'm going to get one. It makes no sense at all the buy a car if i don't really want one, that's all.