Thursday, January 29, 2009

What do you do when your home alone for a week?


Besides forgetting to eat, and working alot? Well apparently time goes by faster if you try buying a vehicle. So the truck below was a VERY pretty truck, but the guy was asking wayyyyy too much fun it. He kept saying he put a lot of money into it, and I wasn't really interested in what he had put in it...I wasn't looking for some tricked out truck that I wouldn't even know the first thing about. I spent a long time on websites looking around at how things work, fuel economy, consumer reports, crash tests...everything. I wasn't exactly looking for a ranger...In fact originally I thought I wanted a Toyota Tacoma but do you know how much they are! If I were to buy that vehicle i would've been in a major debt hole. I wasn't settled on the Black Ranger at all, and I kept looking around. When I called Stephanie to complain about how sick I was of people telling me I shouldn't buy a vehicle she said Andrew had stumbled across a newer ranger, less miles and cheaper. It was white, and they could go check it out if need be. I looked into it more, talked to the lady a couple times...Received pictures, forwarded them to Andrew... The problems it did have we found is a cheap fix, and I was getting an awesome deal. So I went through the bank and got everything worked out to see if it was a legit deal, and could work. The bank approved, and Russ Hiatt said the truck had never been in a major accident or even a fender bender. I knew others were looking at the truck so I asked her if Andrew could test drive it this weekend (Saturday) and pending his approval (aha that sounds funny) I will fly down to fill out paperwork and pick up the truck. She said since the bank was already on board and everything she told all others interested in the truck that it had sold. The catch: her bank technically owns it because she still owes on it. US bank does not keep titles in their branch so they have to "order" it. After I sign it, they have to fax it to SFCU who will then have me go to the DMV. Pam from Safeway Federal Credit Union says they run into this all the time, and it's just more paperwork but VERY doable. So Andrew will be driving the potential truck on Saturday and I plan to fly down on Tuesday and drive it home possibly Thursday. Everything is coming together I just hope something major isn't wrong with it. I also hope they have service records so I can see when things were last changed and replaced. (tranny fluid and such) We'll just cross our fingers. So just a newsflash to all, I didn't buy a black 1999 Ranger, even though I wanted it. I'm instead working on buying a 2000 White Ford Ranger, for much less. Wish me luck :D

2 comments:

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

You are such a big girl. Now we can all sing "big girl in a little truck"! heheheh! Love you. see you soon!

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

ok...so how about a new post! you aren't home alone anymore...so this doesn't apply. How about something exciting. Maybe proclaim your love for me again or something. ANYTHING! I am tired of seeing what you do when you're home alone for a week.