Monday, March 30, 2009

Test Drive

Dad and I thought it'd be an excellent idea for me to bring my electric scooter I inherited from Grandpa Scouller to Rexburg... Let me tell you of my adventure.



I was nervous it wouldn't make it up the hills around the area, so Stephanie, Andrew and David took me for a test run. Our family home evening last week consisted of the following:



We put the scooter in the trunk of the Grand Prix, and drove down the hill next to the Smith building. After a quick seat adjustment, I started my journey back up the hills towards The Ridge. Of course, right away the battery went from full to ONE BAR, and the guts on it were ridiculous. I was coming to a creeping stop....i kept having to use my foot to push me along. I got past by a cyclist...and 2 joggers. I have a feeling that every car that past that evening also was dieing in laughter. I KNOW I WOULD BE IF I SAW MYSELF! All in all, listening to David yell "SCOOTER!" was a thrill...and his mom even let him go for a short ride in the (flat) parking lot. What a fun family home evening. I was the laughing stock of Rexburg. So now, it'll remain in a closet for the time being.


2 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

HILLARIOUS!!! I was cracking up from the first picture. That's got to be the best, most funny thing I've seen in a long time. It reminded me of dumb and dumber!!! You should've put on a cute little helmet...that would made me fall off my chair. I sure love you, Deanna, and your great sense of humor and your ability to recognize FUNNY and be able to laugh at it...even if it is yourself. I'm glad David got to share in the "fun" with his Aunt Deanna.

Adam

JLynn said...

That's funny!!! Why didn't Stephanie get her Purple Scooter out of the Pantry and join you?!!! :D