Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Flying Standby

I'm going to try and make this short. So I'll break down my itenerary from these past couple days...

April 7th -

3 AM - wake up shower
4 AM - Leave Andrew and Stephanies headed for Idaho Falls International Airport.
5AM - Check into 6 o'clock flight
6AM - Depart Idaho Falls headed for Boise.
9AM - Receive the last seat on the Boise ---> Seattle Flight.
10:20 AM - Arrive in Seattle and attempt to work my way up a standby list 40 people long.
1PM- At last, Alaska flights clear the revenue passengers off the standby list, I can relax and enjoy a frosty.
2PM- "You're never going to get out of here. Well not till thursday night atleast. Go back to Boise"
3:45 PM - Back to Boise I fly to catch the 9:40 flight Boise ---> Spokane. It had 11 open seats and they said I had a GREAT Chance.
7 PM - I wait...
9:30PM: Boarding
9:50PM: No seat for me, I'm the only one left standing. (tears)...Phone calls, confusion.
10 PM Allyia comes to my rescue and I stay at her Boyfriends Parents house with her.

April 8th

7AM: Wake up
7:30 AM: Go to airport.
8 AM: YAY THEY GAVE ME A SEAT ALL THE WAY THROUGH FOR BEING SO COOPERATIVE.
11:50 AM : I'M HOME!
3PM: Finally a shower:)

Congrats Stephanie!

3 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

I really felt for you. I don't know what I would have done if I were you. I guess just wait...all we can do. Liked the ending. ;)

Adam & Brandi said...

Ok...I'm sorry. But I laughed. Although I felt terrible for you, I still thought the whole thing was wrong and funny. Its like if it was something bad, it was going to happen...to you! So, I laughed, but only when I read this. When it was happening, I was genuinely concerned about my baby sista'. I was sure glad to hear you had a seat all the way home.

***Oh, correction to your itinerary. Its Idaho Falls REGIONAL airport. There's nothing "international" about Idaho Falls! :D

Hopefully all goes well this weekend for you and Brittany. Let me know if there's anything I can do or check for you!!!

Adam

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

hahahahah! I LOVE IT! IDAHO FALLS INTERNATIONAL! HAHAHA! YIPPEE! WE ARE FINALLY A DOT ON THE MAP I GUESS. HAHAHAHAH. I second Adam's statement: it's Idaho Falls Regional Airport! ONLY YOU could handle all that. I wanted to cry with you that night because it can be so discouraging, but isn't it so great to fly for so cheap! Thanks to adam's hard work and labor...we get to enjoy these moments and tears in the airports! hahahah!