Friday, May 15, 2009

Mothers Day

Since we couldn't go home to be with our mothers, we thought we'd celebrate and go all out on our dinner. We made Chicago dogs, with watermelon, potato salad, carrots and ranch, chips, and lemonade! Of course with it being such a gorgeous day out, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to grill outside, and have a picnic. We asked Rick to borrow his grill and he gladly said yes. To his surprise not all girls are the brightest crayons in the crayola box though. We'll come back to that later.

The only open spots in the parking lot are of course the handicap.

There's nothing like good roommates:)

The picnic

I love these two more than anything!

Ashley is a true sweetheart from Chicago. She's not my roommate but we adopted her!

This is how the picnic ended. Let me explain. I was over at Ashley's (my adopted roommate) and Rick called wanting to pick up his grill. We had left the coals to cool off in the grill and since it wasn't my sunday for cooking I called the roommates who were in charge of that afternoons meal. I told them Rick was coming in a half hour to pick up his grill, and asked them to dispose of the coals. Katie asked me what to do with them, I told her to find some rocks and dump them out. I asked her not to do it right in front of the apartment though. Rick got his grill, and I was home by then. The grill was cleaned and sure enough there were a few spots of coal along the rock wall in front of our apartment. Ashley, Chantal and I went for a Sunday drive and when we were on our way back, we got passed by a cop car. As it pulled into the ridge we were so curious as to what was going on...then we spotted it, the dumpster on fire. I didn't even wait for Ashley to stop the car and I jumped out to run inside my apartment and ask them where they put the coals > I wanted to double check to make sure the fire wasn't us. Everyone knew were grilling that afternoon. They assured me that they didn't put any in the dumpster and it must've been a prank. The firefighters put the fire out, and left. A few days later I conned my roommates into telling me the truth about dumpster. What they said is the had filled a white garbage sack with coals, and it burned through. So they put the ones that burned through along the rocks, and the ashes and few small pieces that remained they through in the dumpster. Of course it was an accident, but anyone whose ever been and enjoyed the great outdoors knows you don't put hot coals in a garbage can 3 hours after you grill? Hahahaha, well I guess it's safe to say not all chicks are country girls. Happy Mothers Day!:)

0 comments: