Saturday, May 2, 2009

Thirsty Thursday


Brianne and I before the party began!


Bri, Gina, Me, Katie, and Jay. So much fun! We think about 70 people or so showed up. We served root beer floats which cost us about $6 each roommate. Since our party we have had so many randomly stop by to visit. It's nice to have an open door, and meet so many new people.

As you can see we're having a blast:)

This is what our living room looks like. The floor is completely open for all our guests. Any other night of the week though we have two love sacks that occupy the space.


1) setting up root beer pong.
2) Estimating how many more cups to buy
3) Beginning to fill the cups with ice cream to meet the demand before people arrive.

It was so much fun to have a party at our house. Many were surprised that we didn't get shut down. There could be multiple reasons why we didn't. Either Erin was out of town, because her car was not at her house all evening...Or because the relief society president and our MA's Sister was here at our party. We were pretty respectful, the music was loud, but we were sure to double check what it sounded like all around our apartment to assure others we wouldn't disturb any studiers. Originally when the idea came up, we posted a facebook event and invited all our friends we wanted to come. Word traveled and our friends brought friends. From Thirsty Thursday we have met so many new acquantances, and hope they'll return to future parties. Stephanie today talked to me about the party pictures up on facebook. She was telling me that the "appearance of evil" has got a lot of people in trouble with the school. But technically the only rule we broke was that of having too many people in our apartment at once. As much as I would "LOVE" to follow all of the rules, I am careful about the ones we break. Stephanie being a manager is a risk I know, therefore i'm super cautious in anything we do/say/or have in our apartment. But at the same time, we're just having fun, and should I let my sister being a property manager for my residence get in the way of meeting people and having fun? I don't think so. I understand what she was saying about the appearance of evil, and yes maybe it isn't quite right to play "root"beer pong. & maybe it's definatly not right to be posting pictures of it on facebook. I can't help but think of all the parties and gatherings Adam, Curt...and Matt have all had. So really, I don't feel bad for throwing a huge innocent party. And I also don't feel bad for our temporary cardboard and duct tape stripper pole that our bishopric laughed at. It was all out of good innocent fun. Nothing was hurt, and I'm so happy the party had a good turn out. Now everyone knows the girls at 303 are fun and personable. Steph I'm not writing all of this to "un" justify what you said haha, I get your concern and i'll be more careful.

0 comments: