Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Eye Cold

Who get's an eye cold, I mean seriously. I had to work on Sunday evening to get in my hours before taking off to Stephanie's this week. When I got to work my eye hurt - as if I had make up in it. It didn't help that I had over slept during my Sunday afternoon nap, and was running late out the door to work. I took a quick glance in the mirror, rinsed out my eye and went back to work. It seemed as though I had scratched it or something, and I kept getting goopy stuff out the side. When I got home and asked mom and dad about it, they said it sounded more like an "eye cold". Little did I know I would have a sleepless night, where my eye felt like it was glued shut, and I had to continually get out of bed and "flush" my eye out. So miserable. Monday morning I woke up and my eye was huge. It was constantly watering and I was in a lot of pain. I attempted to go to work - but got a couple miles up the road and had to pull over. I called mom immediately and told her she might as well cover my shift (i was not happy at all about it either). I drove the rest of the way into town covering my one eye with my palm and holding the steering wheel with the other. Not safe, i could hardly see anything out of my one good eye, considering it was all watery from pain!:( I picked up my perscription (that my cousin Allen called in for me) and went straight to grandma and grandpas. Knowing I would never make it home, especially since it was getting dark, I slept on their couch till mom could come and get me. Today I lounged around the house, feeling sorry for myself. My eye is feeling much better as the antibiotic eye drops allen perscribed has taken affect. The swelling and bloodshot eye has not gone away yet though. I was supposed to fly down and help Stephanie out tomorrow, I even got it off work to do so. Now Adam said they wouldn't let me past the ticket counter with the blood shot swollen eyes, and it wouldn't be the best idea trying to travel with an infection that isn't quite over - considering i cant keep both eyes open longer than 3 mintues without them burning. So for now, i'm at home....laying with my eyes closed, all day, and all night. HOW BORING! Not even my wisdom teeth was this bad...Throwing up in the beginning of that was nothing compared to the feeling in comparisson to sand scratching against my eyeball. Therefore, I can't go to Steph's till at best the weekend, if she still needs me to come - and I can't really watch tv, text, play on the computer...nothing! "Oh poor me, right!" Yes Poor me. So here is a snap shot of my eyes. You're lucky I was able to keep it open long enough to get a picture. I'll have you know that just the thought of the flash that went off seconds ago in my eye is still making me tear up.

This Pictures is DISGUSTING!

1 comments:

Little Miss Paige said...

That sounds miserable!! :( You should just wear an eye patch to the airport.