Friday, December 11, 2009

Going Rogue!

Since I've been out of commission I was pretty upset about having to miss the Sarah Palin Book Signing of her new memoir Going Rogue. Since my summer working in Alaska, I have become quite fond of the Former Governor of the great state of Alaska. But I woke up Thursday morning as dad was rushing out the door to go buy 2 books and wait in line for a "ticket" to guarantee a signature. I was feeling much better, and although my eye was still swollen - I knew it would be worth it to go meet her:) So I got ready for the day, took lots of medication and walked out the door with dad. We arrived at the "old" Junior High at about 3 pm. Since Dad had a guarenteed signature ticket we waited inside the gym area in a line that resembled something that you'd see at Disney World.


Sarah Palin arrived early acutally. They originally thought that they wouldn't start signing till about 6, but it turned out to be more like 5. They announced her arrival, her parents waved hello to the line, and then she ran out made a quick wave, and then left. the line moved really quick. They took 50 people at a time up to the second level where you left your coat/camera's/phones and such in airport style bins - then walked up to the third floor where she was signing books. On the third floor they kept trying to take everyones books, put them in a pile so that she could sign them all at once and have more time to visit. Luckily dad stood up to the lady collecting books and told her that in line for the 2 hours we waited, people were sitting on the floor, bending pages, drinking coffee - and ours hadn't even left the plastic bag yet. So they let us, and the Ponderay Mayor behind us keep our books in hand and personally hand them to Sarah for a signing. This guarenteed us a clean copy when she handed it back to us:) It didn't slow anything down either. I wore one of my Alaska shirts that I got a couple summers ago, naturally she asked me about it, and dad and I got our minute of chat with Todd and Sarah. It was really a cool experience, and I'm really happy I was feeling well enough to go:)


Her Book Tour bus!

Sarah Palin waving to the line.

Dad texting a picture of Todd and Sarah waving.

Sarah Palin's parents. Her dad was actually a science teacher in this building many years ago:)

0 comments: