Saturday, December 12, 2009

Where has Deanna been?

*CAUTION - This blog has been in drafts for awhile...I just updated it:)

So, I was thinking the other day - where has time gone? I can't even believe how quickly life passes by you. I have had a lot of reflecting time the past little bit, and I realized, I have really gone through a lot of phases. There was the "I like boys in bands" phase, "I want to be really involved in school" phase, "I want to be involved in my community" phase, "I like bad boy" phase, "I'm attracted to Hispanics" phase, "My family is ruining my life" phase, "I want to go to college" phase, "I want to get married" phase, and the most current, "There's just something about a pick-up (country) man.", WHAT IS IT WITH GROWING UP! I have dated some of the most unattractive people. C'mon - look at my track record ... You know when your in the moment, and you don't want to hear anyone elses opinion, and you think they are just jealous, or out to get your. When your family nags your constantly and you just do things in spite because they are so opinionated? I feel like this was my teenage years. Looking back now, I had a lot of fun, a lot of drama, and a lot of "moving on" periods. Thank goodness we moved to Sandpoint, who knows where I would be now today if we didn't. So here is WHERE I HAVE BEEN (in the month of December) of the past few years.


2003 - Still getting to know myself. My freshman year in High School. Let's just say - boy choice, and friend choice - not so awesome:)


2003, Phase - "I'm attracted to the bad boys" phase.

2004, My first dance. Still too young to date, but as you can see, it wasn't a date - more guys than their are girls.


2004, phase - "I'm attracted to anyone in a boy band", I started having friends over every weekend, really getting social by sophomore year in High school. Like you can tell, I was pretty cool back then.


2005, 2006, 2007, and sadly 2008 all wasted Christmases. Haha crazy how time flies - but oddly enough (after too much money spent) this will be the cheapest Christmas yet. Needless to say, COUNT YOUR MANY BLESSINGS!


This year 2009:
I want this year to be all about family & work. Really focus on the holiday season. I have never taken time to enjoy sledding, caroling, baking, decorating, cooking, presents, wrapping, gingerbread houses - I'm going to do it all this year...
Since it'll just be mom dad and I and maybe a select few others (I'm not sure on all the details) It should be a quiet and interesting Christmas. Good time to reflect on what I've missed out on:) The past years I've been so tied up with "becoming who I am - and who I want to be - and who I should be" I didn't really take a moment to appreciate the wonderful family memories that were to be had. Whats really kinda ironic is the past few Christmases in Sandpoint, I wasted with the following procedures
1) working way too much
2) Texting non-stop
3) Ditching out on family fun for a boy? WHO DOES THAT!
4) shopping for presents for all the wrong reasons.

All I recall from previous Christmases was the times that were to be had with my friends...and not my family. Don't get me wrong, It's been fun - but so long carelessness....Welcome FAMILY FUN TIMES:)

So Happy Holidays! & Bring on the good Ol' Family Traditions (it's time i learn how to make divinity i think - for mom's holiday spirit sake)


PS. What girls aren't attracted to country boys:)

0 comments: