Friday, January 8, 2010

Ephrata

Last week I got to go see KAYNIE! Yes that's right, Kaynie Nelson. She was home (Ephrata) on break from SUU. I drove down to see her a week or so ago, and the fog through Sprague was miserable. I was creeping along at about 25 mph. It was really hard to see anything whatsoever. I had the best stay, her family really made me feel like I was one of their own:) They were so kind and I truly got to feel the other side of what my friends have always said about my family - and how my family always made them feel! It was so special, and also so fun to see Kaynie. I haven't seen her since New Years 2009, so it had been nearly a year! How horrible is that. Oh how I missed Alaska this summer.




We went to Leavenworth for a day. We ate at a Mexican restaurant that had a nativity set with a panda, and a giraffe, and a bear. We said it was her Birthday. They brought her Ice Cream, and Sombrero and a Mexican flag. She licked the candle. It was probably used - and will probably be reused. Best lunch ever, with good company!


On our way into Leavenworth, WA (it was freezing) We spotted this hot mess. I convinced Kaynie to get close so that I could get a picture. Red spandex pants...furry white coat, white boots, and flaming red hair = total hot MESS.

Best trip ever. But then the trip home happened and that was the worst experience of my life. It's too sensitive to write about. I was an emotional wreck, and anything that could go wrong that afternoon - you bet your bottom dollar it did. Go ahead, laugh it all out...but my truck breaking down, having to call an uncle for a ride, having to have a friend pick it up, having to pay lots of money and after the fact finding out nothing monumental is wrong. DANG! Like I said, too sensitive. So I'll end on a positive note. I love the Nelsons:)

0 comments: