Friday, January 8, 2010

Most be-a-utiful Place in the world!


I like to go for drives, and take pictures. I am so blessed to live in such a beautiful place! I love N. Idaho. It truly is the most beautiful place on earth. So here are some pictures I've been able to collect over the past few weeks while we've had gorgeous weather!


OH BREATHTAKING!



The tree line up the road from my house:)

You know how you hear people sometimes talk about how proud they are to be from a specific area. Texans are the worst at this, the are SO GOSH DARN PROUD of their state. In fact - when I was in Alaska I saw the best tee shirt. It was a picture of the state of Alaska, and on the inside the text read "Alaska - putting Texans to shame since 1959" I laughed so hard. I had roommates my first semester at school from Texas...I loved them to death, but they sure were proud of the very hot, humid, and dry state. McKenzie even hung a Texas flag in our HALLWAY! Pretty proud I'd say! Others who love where they're from....Californians. Anytime something about California comes up, their attention is like deer in the head lights. They won't miss a word. It could stop traffic how in tune they are to the conversation when California is brought up. They love where they're from, and they love to tell you all about it. So this mambo-jumbo is me getting to the point that I too am very proud to be from N. Idaho. It's weird, cause technically....I didn't grow up here (shh...don't tell anyone that) I am from Central Washington, but I think it's fair to claim your from where you graduate high school...is that OK? I think so. I never say I'm from Wenatchee, WA. I simply have more experience, more growth and more maturity that have stemmed from being North. I've learned Love, Passion, Appreciation, Value, Family, Work, Service...all lessons and experiences I don't recall having too much of in Washington. I speak of the place where I grew up (Wenatchee) As if it's so far away. In fact, I have only been back like 5 times since I've moved...for a 4 hour drive that's surprising! The weather, the people, the scenery, the experiences...everything North Idaho has to offer is perfect. Great, now I'm sounding like one of those people who grow up in Sandpoint and never leave...but wait, is that such a bad thing...I mean I think the pictures speak for themselves. Gosh I'm so lucky! Thanks Mom and Dad for the most beautiful gift you've ever given me. A home - a refuge from the storm . . . in lovely NORTH IDAHO! ( you have to say north, cause if you just say Idaho....it doesn't work. Not all of Idaho is as wonderful and beautiful ) sorry Stephanie.

1 comments:

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

hahahaha! I can't breathe I am laughing so hard. Listen to you! You are so dang funny. I know Rexburg isn't all that grand, but who says blackfoot isn't pretty?! HUH! I'll say it loud and proud, I an NOT from SOUTHERN IDAHO! HERE IS A SHOUT OUT TO WENATCHEEEEEEEEE!