Monday, February 8, 2010

At least I can chooses them!

Yesterday I went to the Sandpoint Ward...I wanted to write down a few things that the children got up and said. It reminded me of when I was little and would get up the courage to go up to the pulpit. I think it's been a really long time since I've attended a ward where the children took most of the fast and testimony meeting time. It was so adorable to hear them bear witness to what they knew was true. Here are just a few I was able to catch and write down...

"I'm thankful we don't have to do the same things everyday"

" I love my mom. She is sweet. I love to give her kisses"

"I know that Joseph Smith is the Prophet on the earth today"

"I love primary, and I love my primary teacher. Mostly I love the cookies she brings"

"I love my mom, I love my dad, I'm thankful for my sister...I love my mom, and I guess...Today I love my brother too."

"I'm thankful I can choose. That Heavenly father allows me to choose. My mom doesn't let me choose, but today my dad let me pick my outfit. My mom says I don't match but at least I can chooses them!"

What sweet innocent spirits who are learning and growing day by day. In Wenatchee I remember our ward had so many young ones get up every Fast and Testimony meeting and bear their testimonies, but Westmond ward's meetings are predominately adults! I have missed hearing from the children so much! Just thought I would share what I got out of the meeting, that I should be thankful for variety, that I don't have to do the same thing everyday. That I should be grateful I get to make choices. That I should love my brother and sisters everyday, appreciate my mom more, and value the teachings of the gospel! All from little ones not much older than 5 or 6!

2 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

Deanna thanks for sharing this sweet post with us. This reminds me of our ward yesterday, over half were children that got up. So sweet. I love children. Welcome to your new ward!

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

hahaha! Those are so funny. How cute.