Saturday, June 5, 2010

New Hair:)


I decided the other day that I should get my hair done. If most of you don't know, I'm very protective over my hair. I don't let anyone I don't trust touch it! It takes a lot for me to go to a salon and allow them to trim it or anything. I've only put color (more like highlights) in my hair once. The only thing that got me to do that - was someone told me I wouldn't do it, so I did it just to prove them wrong! I will never chop my hair off again, but I was looking for some sort of change. I drove to the salon and sat for like 15 minutes. I couldn't get myself to go inside. I knew I wanted a trim but I also wanted : Layers, red and blonde highlights, bangs. I wasn't sure what I should do, if I should just get the simple trim and call it good, or do something CRAZY & live it up. I finally got myself to walk in. They were able to see me in just a few short minutes so I sat down and flipped through a magazine. The anticipation/excitement, and nervousness of my stomach was overwhelming. I'd assume that it would be much like waiting for the doctor to tell you if you are having a boy or girl....haha, it was insane. All over hair? ha ha, of course over hair...My hair is long, and fairly healthy. I don't like to mess with it too much. I always fear if I cut it, it won't grow back. Or if I color it, my natural color will change, or it will forever ruin my hair! Although these are rational fears, I needed to calm down! I sat in the chair, told her I wanted some bangs, and trim, and red and blonde highlights. AHHHH so scared! But I did it, and made it out alive. She did kind of mess up, and I have an appt to go and get the back fixed just a little - but other than that, I kind of like the change:) It's hard to see in the picture, but the red is VERY evident! Anyways, with new goals and me trying to better myself - what better way to do that then start with a fresh hairstyle!


Ps. I hate the bangs, they make me want to throw up! But it's just hair.

1 comments:

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

Hahahah! Yup it's just hair. LOVE THE BANGS by the way. I can't wait to see the new do when you get here next week! Love ya!