Thursday, July 8, 2010

Party Like It's 1989

I woke up June 28th at approximately 10am to Jeremy with a trey of my favorite breakfast. Being that my oldest brother Jeremy was visiting with his in laws, I was sharing a room with his immediate family. I was sleeping on the top bunk. I went to sit up to take the breakfast in bed, and realized that the ceiling in the pink room (Victorian room) is too low to sit up in bed. I got up for the day and partook of my all time favorite breakfast - biscuits and gravy! It was the best, and it was the thought that really counts! After eating we went on a short little boat ride. My birthday cruise is what dad refered to it as!

Boyd and I on the Birthday cruise


being I was moving this particular weekend, I didn't have much time to spare that afternoon. I went right into my apartment following the short boat ride. I packed all afternoon trying to not be distracted by my phone BLOWING up with calls and texts wishing me a happy 21st! Around 3 pm I headed back to mom and dad's to shower as I was told to be ready by 5 pm to be picked up by Rob.
When he arrived he blindfolded me, and made me walk all the way up the driveway without vision, then drove around bottle bay and all the way out to the surprise destination! Good thing we talked the whole way and I didn't get car sick!

Before leaving the house, Morgan and Jackie insisted that I take the picture with beer (used for beer butt chicken or whatever) being that I just turned 21! haha. I'm blindfolded mind you, so I wasn't sure what I was handed.


Rob and I headed out the door to my surprise party!
We drove out to Brittney and Minta Kramers house where I took off my blindfold to be surprised by about 20 of my greatest friends! They made a home made slip and slide in their back yard, and were preparing to BBQ for dinner! After the slip and slid we played volleyball, then water balloon volleyball, then we put the soapy tarp under the volleyball net and played slip and slide volleyball. After the games we ate a great dinner and visited in the grass. When it started to get dark we picked up the lawn, and headed inside for some games. It was so much fun and I'm so grateful for all the many wonderful friends who made my 21st birthday the best it could be:) I loved every minute of my party and am thankful to my family for also making arrangements for me to celebrate with them later in the week on one of my nights off.

On Thursday I had my final walk through at my apartment with my complex manager. Everything went great! I hurried home to celebrate my 21st birthday with my parents, and family. I requested Chicken enchilada's for dinner, and my mom's famous Apple Cake! MmmMmm good:) Everything was so delicious, I'm so grateful for the best mother in the world! We even had enough enchilada's for a couple days of left overs! LOVE IT! The apple pudding cake is always a hit. I have never made it myself - but I know that mom always does it best! We also had enough cake for leftovers the following day. My mom knows us all too well!

Preparing to light the Candles.

Thanks Mom for the best birthday!

Jackson (Morgan's Nephew) and Maggie help me blow out the torch candle !

The torch candle wouldn't light so I held the lighter and blew it's flame out. It's all the same right:) At least I got a birthday wish!
I couldn't be more satisfied.

Mom and dad have gotten me pearls for my birthday almost every year since I was 12. This year they had Andrew pick some out at Farr's in Idaho Falls and mail them up. They are absolutely gorgeous, and I have worn them to work almost every day since!

I have the most wonderful mother in the world! I'm so grateful for all she does for me!

Thanks Dad for all the many blessings, advice and wonderful support you have given me the past year. I have grown and learned to appreciate my parents more and more on a daily basis. I truly do love them!

3 comments:

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

Whoa! I am all blogged out! That is a LOT of blogging you did! P.S. and in all that blogging, there is NO mention of the David Archuleta concert. I can't believe it. Also, I must tell you, his single plus some comes out on July 20th! Check out his website for more info!

Deanna said...

Steph, I have yet to post it, i'm not finished with it. These have been sitting in drafts . . . I'm almost done with the pictures on David Archuleta...

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.