Thursday, July 8, 2010

A place we like to call home

Welcome to Sandpoint, Idaho. The most beautiful place on the earth!
A couple weeks ago my friend Kaynie (which I met up in Alaska the summer of 2008) came up from Post Falls to visit for the weekend. That Saturday just so happened to be free chairlift day at Schweitzer ski resort. A few of us went up the mountain to explore and have a fun filled afternoon together. It was a gorgeous day. Not the most clear but still warm and sunny!

We took every opportunity to stop and take some photographs with one another. Before hiking around we asked a couple to take our picture and this is what he came up with. It seriously looks like we're standing in front of a backdrop!

Kim Barbee and I.

Matthew Bouse and I.

Rob Robinson and I.

Kaynie Nelson and I. (This is also the day I received my new hip sunglasses from Morgan! They were my birthday present, and they are AWESOME!)

Attempting to get a jumping picture. Epic fail.

After walking around, taking pictures, sword fighting and picking flowers, we headed back down the mountain! We saw a deer on the way down, and I was able to quickly turn and get a photo. The gentlemen who rode on our lift with us was telling us that they transplanted a caribou on the mountain last year, and have also had problems with bears more recently. Wish we could have seen one of them - would have taken me back a couple years to my time spent in Alaska. Oh how I miss it.

0 comments: