Thursday, September 9, 2010

Helping Grandma and Grandpa Noble


This week mom and dad went to Chicago, Illinois to help my brother Matt relocate. It has been a busy week running the theater, keeping the house clean, taking care of things that need done, and also taking care of grandma and grandpa. I've gotten a little piece of what my dad deals with on a weekly basis. Tuesday I took grandma to an eye apt at 7:30 am. Wednesday was grandpa's rehab session at 8:30 am, and then a grocery shopping trip mid week. It's been fun spending time with them...A severe struggle to get up in the early morning to run to town. Friday Grandma called and said that Grandpa didn't want to go to rehab so they would see me Monday to take them down to the hospital.

Every time I show up and leave grandma and grandpa's house...grandpa gets so sad and breaks down into tears. It's probably the hardest thing for me to see so much sadness in my grandfathers eyes. Being one of the youngest grandchildren, it's so tough to see. I'm grateful for the time I have had the past few years to really get close to Grandma and Grandpa Noble, and count my blessings that I have been able to be right here all along the way:) Sure has been a ride!

0 comments: