Thursday, December 16, 2010

We Can Only Understand That Everything Is In His Hands

Two weeks notice submitted to the theater - Check
Interview for a driving position in Alaska - Check
Pack school stuff before family comes home - Check
Christmas shopping - Check
Accept Job in Alaska - Check


It has been such a busy couple of weeks! So many changes and opportunities I can hardly sit still. My agenda is changing daily, and it's so exciting. For a long time I felt kind of stuck. I knew I needed to get back to school, and have worked really hard to get back to Rexburg. For two years I have also worked real hard to go back to Alaska, and my efforts have paid off!

This week I accepted a driving guide position for the Summer 2011. Although I'm really sad I will miss my family reunion, Sandpoint summer, and my friends ... I know this is exactly what I want. I am thrilled I was offered the position and plan to work really hard to make good money! With the money I plan to pay off my truck, and pay for school. Some may be confused as to what I'm going to do with my schooling. I am going to school full-time this upcoming semester (Jan-April). Following my finals, I will go directly to Fairbanks for driver training. Once certified, I will then move back to Mt. McKinley Princess Lodge to work until September. I know it will be a busy long summer, but I can hardly wait. I fell in love with Alaska, the experience, the friends I made, and the job in 2008 - and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to return.

Following Alaska, I am not sure yet where I'll go. I do not plan on moving back to Sandpoint to live with mom and dad. When I say goodbye to the B.M.C. in January, it will permanent. I feel that as of right now, the theater is holding me back from where I truly need and want to be. I have written so many of these blogs about where I feel I need to be, and how I am finally doing what I need to do. But it's so true, when the spirit of inspiration speaks to you with a feeling of confidence, comfort and support, you just know what you're doing is right. I have an overwhelming desire to finish my schooling, while doing what I need to do in the mean to time to appreciate my education. By doing everything I can to pay for my education, I know I will appreciate it that much more.

The B.M.C. has been great over the duration of the past 5 years. I couldn't imagine where I would be now if I hadn't received that job when I was 16. I have learned so much, and been introduced to so many bright and wonderful individuals. I currently am working on a blog in tribute to my time spent there - but in the meantime, preparations for a farewell and goodbyes are being made.

I could not feel like things are falling into place anymore then they are right now. It's a wonderful feeling, and an answer to many many prayers:)


So Buckle Up, cause come 4 months ... Its :


NORTH TO ALASKA

0 comments: