Monday, April 11, 2011

Way Up North

I have arrived successfully, and without delay! I left Sandpoint, Idaho at about 2pm for the Spokane airport. I had about an hour and a half layover in Seattle. In the airport I was able to connect to the convenient free Wi-Fi to access my CDL information and study up. The flight was quiet, smooth and relaxing. I got in a good nap, and awaited my arrival to my hotel room:) I took some photos last night to send to mom and dad, but they weren't very good so I took some with my camera this morning before work. I had to be up at 6am to get showered and fed prior to heading to the DMV to conquer the 4 written tests I must take in order to receive my Class B license.


This is the view from my room this morning. It looks cold but the day turned out to be absolutely gorgeous. It was sunny and blue skies all day. So refreshing and made me realize how much I have missed the spirit and beauty of Alaska.


We are staying that the Westmark Convention Center. The hotel is huge, and the rooms are mini suites - which I will now give you a tour of:)


My room is equipped with two queen beds



A small dining room


A mini kitchen


A living room with chair, business desk, and TV.


View from the other side of the room.


Bathroom and Vanity are separated from the main room with a door. But the toilet and shower is also in another room then the vanity.


The Vanity


The TV in from of my bed


The sun going down over Fairbanks (6pm) after a long day of running around to pass my tests, a physical exam and a crash course on log books. Busy busy day!

Oh yeah, I passed 3 of the 4 tests at the DMV this morning. I have to go back and take my air-brake endorsement test again - therefore I need to spend this evening studying:) Wish me luck!

0 comments: