Saturday, September 22, 2007

Fireworks

Today was one of those crazy days I guess...I had school and got a little bit of nap here and there. My dad went home today, I cried a little. I guess it's the whole moving on and growing up fact. I talked to Del for quite a long time on the phone, which was nice because no matter what we talk about I have a good time. He helped me with a lot of my Natural Disasters quiz online, that was very nice of him. He's such a sweetheart and I get to see him in 4 days!!! Can't wait:)



After all was said and done, and I worked on the same quiz for 3 hours (and still didn't pass) I started not to feel good. Then we were made to go to that MANDATORY housing meeting which was pretty dumb, but I got to see my sister tell kids to shut up so that was pretty good I guess....Astri and I decided we didn't want to go to the Apex party, and so we went with our neighbors in 601 to the dunes.



When we got there, we parked kind of on the road, and then we walked up the largest mountain of sand i've ever seen in my life...and built a fire. We were lighting off fireworks, Astri almost blew her face off, and the rest of ours too, it was kind of scary and funny at the same time. Then we noticed a cop car driving by so we stopped and hid the remaining fireworks. We didn't see him for awhile because we noticed that he was at the other fire near ours, so we just sat around the fire and talked/sang/told stories. Just as we began a progressive scary story, a spotlight came flying up the dune, and parked right next to us. He wrote us a warning for the fireworks and told us that had he caught us he would have to write EACH of us [like 30 people] a $125 ticket for just being there. Thank goodness we're lucky and were honest with him, had we lied, he would have written us up! So some kid took the blame, got a warning, the fireworks were gone, the cop flew out of there, we moved our cars off the road to avoid a road blocking ticket, and we carried on. The cop even told us some story about how the dunes were actually there. It was supposed to be scary but he left his spotlight on, so it wasn't. haha. The fire started to die down, and we were getting pretty chilly. My butt was so cold from the sand, and my feet were freezing. Luckily I wore my carhart over a light zip up so I was warm in the upper body, until my face and ears froze...we kept scooting closer and closer to the fire till we couldn't get anymore heat from it lol. Then we came home, hung out with Leaf and the rest of the boys in 601...and then I came home to finish my quiz. I'm still not satisfied with the 9/10 but it will have to do because it's the best score i've recieved so far. I'm afraid if I take it again, I'll loose it, and get a lower one. It's ok my teacher drops the two lowest quiz scores at the end of the semester anyway...



Well heres a picture of our friend Amanda from 510, Astri and Me.

0 comments: