Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Alaska State Fair

Last night we went to the Alaska State fair. We had so much fun. We left the lodge around 4pm and headed for Palmer, Alaska. We hoped to catch the Lumberjack show @ like 6pm so we were kind of in a rush. It was $10 to get in but whatever. I had so much fun at the fair. There was a group of 11 of us. It was George, Steve, Debby, Dana, Andrea, Chris, Nicole, Conrad, Derek, Me, and Joy. This was the first thing we went to. It was the Alaska State Fair Lumber Jack show. There's nothing hotter than a hard working guy in carhartt pants, flannel shirt, and a chainsaw. Haha I haha Nicole and I had a good time checking him out.

This was crazy. These two guys went flying up the pole and back down, I've never seen something so cool. But this picture is actually the stills from a movie.

He'll be my husband someday!

The Log Rolling contest:)

He carved a hair chair

The Alaska State Flag in Flowers!

Derek Chris and Conrad smelling the flowers.

Chris, ANdrea, Nicole, Conrad, Joy, Debby, Dana, Me, Steve and George

Chris at the Hulla-Hoop station. We all took our turns but he was probably the one with the most hip action and skill haha

This Pig was pregnant.

These baby pigs were crazy. It was two of them messaging the belly of one that looked like it was dead. Really they were just confused because they were used to nursing from their mom. But hey, the one got a free message!

A cabbage

Only in Alaska. Off Roading Go-Karts. Haha they even had pot-holes and mounds to go over. They were definately homemade. We could see that they bumpers had been welded themselves. Totally redneck!

Nicole Joy and I. I love these 2


The 3 Expeditors and the Dispatcher. Awww I love them!

Andrea and I

0 comments: