Thursday, August 21, 2008

Things I only have to wait 4 weeks for:]



  • Peach Propel

  • Chocolate Chip cookies

  • Real Food

  • My own Bed

  • My mom's messages

  • Movies

  • My closest friends (+him)

  • The north Idaho outdoors

  • Road trip:)

  • My parents

  • One step closer towards going back to school.

there's so many things i've learned that I take for granted. The simplest things in life mean so much. Yesterday I was looking @ a little gift given to me over the past year and I thought about how much it dearly meant to me. This specific gift has traveled with me pretty much everywhere i've gone. It went to school with me and was a lot of help there, and it was even more help here in Alaska. There is no need to display what this gift is, or even who it was from...it just made me realize how many valuable things without value I do have. Things I cherish most and don't really understand what my life would be like without them in it. Now needless to say this gift is special-It's also a symbol. A symbol that you don't need to see something, or someone to know they're always there. More recently in my life I know this is true. I've been blessed with many great friends who have been there with me through thick and thin, and also my dear family who has allowed me to call many times throughout the lonely nights just to talk, or vent. I appreciate things a lot more I think, and i'm getting to be wiser by my choices. I was young when I thought my life was all laid out for me...Now looking I realize I have so much more ahead of me. I don't need "things" to comfort me...all i need is those I love most, and those who love me most. I'm a vulnerable person I guess, and don't give up easily as many know. I fight for what I feel is right, and it gets me in trouble most of the time. I haven't had many people tell me recently "give up, it's not worth it. stop trying" which is probably what I actually need. I didn't actually fathom the importance of friendship till yesterday, when I viewed it from the outside looking in. A friend is someone whose there all the time. A friendship isn't just something the dissipates. It's longlasting no matter the status or situation. I'm greatful for the many friends I have, but most of all i'm greatful for those few best friends I do have. Those who without a doubt have held me when times get rough. I can't wait for the next 4 weeks to be over, so I can return to civilization with my newfound attitude. It seems like things in my life were rainy, but the sun is beginning to shine:) I'm so happy with how things are. Sure I miss memories of how my life was, or how it could of been, or how I dreamed of it being, but there's no sence in thinking today should be perfect, because then there's no need for tomorrow. The simplest things bring me joy. The smallest things bring me happiness. I guess it's hard for someone to tell me to cheer up, or tell me things will be alright...when sometimes I honestly feel it's not. Thanks to those who are there. Thanks to those who are counting down the days until I come home:) I can't wait to see you all!



EXACTLY 4 WEEKS LEFT!

3 comments:

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

I'll be your wedding planner. I throw the best parties, the best weddings, the best receptions, you name it..."I can do it better". That is so fun. I remember the day when I picked that all out too. It's normal. Are you normal now? Hmm Maybe! P.S. I need to tell you that you keep writing the wrong "passed". IT's PAST! I was going to correct you before, but I figured you would catch the mistake. Not yet though!! YOU ARE SO DANG FUNNY. Keep up the good attitude. I just wish you wouldn't write things that make me guess what you're talking about. Like the gift that travels. Or the people you are refering to? I NEVER GET IT UNLESS IT IS SPELLED OUT FOR ME. DUH!

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

Oops, I forgot to tell you that I love you and miss you tons. David misses you too...Andrew as well for that matter! We all miss you and can't wait for you to come back "home" to rexburg. We'll make it your home. We're counting down the days for that too. We made a paper chain and we take a link off every day. We let david have the honor of disposing the link, whether that means to eat it or put it in the garbage!

Anonymous said...

YOU'RE COMING BACK TO REXBURG! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (I'm sure excited!) That one night at the movies was SO fun! :) I lost your number because my phone broke and my numbers got erased, but I sure want to hang out again!

509 699 8738