Sunday, October 5, 2008

Day 3 & 4

So the day is actually backwards so the beginning of the day 3 is down at the bottom and then day 4 is at the top. We woke up on day three in Crecent City, California. We stopped by the visitors center to ask what they suggested as far as seeing the biggest trees. The lady was very very helpful in directing us to the groves and the best views possible. We drove to the Jedidiah Smith Grove where we walked for about a 1/2 mile taking pictures next to the gigantic Redwoods. After that we drove thru California on mostly Scenic Byways like Avenue of the Giants. After a day of tree's we were pretty sick of large trees. haha. The next morning (day 4) we woke up and made our way to the coast. We finally made it to Costal Highway 1, and let me tell you that was the biggest waste of time ever. It took us 3 hours to get 60 miles. Ughhh. The highway was merely just switchbacks with a speed of 20 mph. We took the first opportunity that came to get off the highway bound for Santa Rosa. After lunch in Santa Rosa we made the decision to go into the San Fransisco for the rest of the afternoon. We were so forunate to have pretty good roads as far as traffic at rush hour is concerned. After walking around for awhile we got back on the road and headed for Bills (mary's boyfriends house) Where he has prepared an EXCELLENT steak dinner. He wouldn't let us help clean up after the filling meal-instead he said "well ladies you must be tired, to go bed and i'll clean up!" When we insisted we help out he refused the offer saying we'd only be in the way. Haha. Days 3 and 4 were slow days that went by fast [if that makes any sense.]



In the elevator in the Parking Garage in San Fransisco. (ps. I am texting)

I drove across the Golden Gate bridge.

The Dawn Princess. It was wierd seeing a princess ship since we just got back from Alaska a few days prior

Me on Pier 39.

It was heavy.
(everyone needs a picture like this)

Me and Paul Bunyon

I'm standing next to the largest tree you can get too. It was HUGE!

Nicole and I found many opportunitites to take "jumping pictures"

This house is made out of a redwood tree. It took 8 months to hollow out the house. It had water-electricity ect.

Leaving Crecent City, CA. This was at the park and I couldn't resist the photo-op.

The first Redwoods we saw. I was amazed at the beauty!

Looks like a clothes pin.

Nicole and I


The redwoods was one of my favorite days. I have always wanted to see these giants full of beauty and I finally had my opportunity. I'm greatful for the friends I was with, and the experiences we had. Stay tuned for Day 5.



0 comments: