Saturday, January 30, 2010

Where Ever You Go - Go With All Your Heart

.:.Home Sweet Home .:.

This past week I was able to move into my apartment. Being a whole week early prior to my rental agreement - I had time to get everything settled before having to pay for it:) I started by hauling most all my stuff from my parents on Friday (Jan. 29th) the day I signed my lease. I wanted to not make too many trips back and forth and save on gas. I received my keys - and unloaded the truck...Since it was just bits and pieces of what was to come throughout the weekend, I couldn't do much putting away and organizing. So here it sat in the living room:)


I did however have everything I needed to set up my bathroom! Above you notice DAVID. David (said Dah-vid) came from Sweden. My sophomore year in High school my family hosted a Swedish exchange student named Emilia. Emilia brought David to be "our friend" Many nights of laughter came from jokes made about David - and conversations/secrets with David. I have kept David with me since Emilia left. He has always been in my bathroom! Whether it was school/Alaska/ or home, David has traveled with me!


I seem to hang my necklaces the same way everywhere I go.


Bits and pieces of Alaska:( Although I was not able to return this summer - that is truly where my heart will always be. The experience and memories I created while working at McKinley Princess Lodge will forever be close to my heart. This shows the organization process of my bathroom, and the first picture frame hung up on the wall. It says "It's a wonderful life" and was given to me by my friend Kiara that I met in Alaska. I figured the bathroom would be an appropriate place for this particular gift - as each morning when I get ready, I can reflect and remember how truly blessed I am.


I wanted the shower curtain to be the first thing I purchased for my apartment. I was so excited to decorate my own place. I know that at school I had that opportunity too, but most everything had to be agreed upon by roommates! Now that I don't have roommates I'm able to make decisions about what goes where without consulting anyone else! I love it. Mom helped me furnish the bathroom (thanks mom!) It's hard to tell what it is but my shower curtain is a shimmering blue, with red, and yellow flowers...the bath rugs are a green color which ties in the flowers embroidery. My towels are Yellow and green to match the curtain and rugs:) It looks great! Mom knows best when it comes to color matching!


Saturday, oh...Saturday. A day would love to forget all together. Friday night I text the Stake YSA rep and asked him if he knew of anyone who might could help me for a couple hours. He sent out a text message to all the singles in the area about me moving and asked if anyone would be willing to help. He said where to meet, and what time. Saturday morning at 9 am (the meeting time) Jake, the YSA rep showed up with his brother....and you bet your bottom dollar that's all who showed. Originally thinking if we had help it would only take an hour or so - we didn't take into account we'd not have enough help. Being that dad was still in the hospital, mom ran to grandpa's to get the truck and trailer


it was wet and nasty the whole day!


Getting to the furniture mom and dad said I could borrow was like playing tetris!


Mom finally arrived with the trailer just before the rain and snow really started coming down! But Jake and Cody had to leave at 2, and with the lack of help it took us that long to get everything out and organized! So frustrating. So after they left it was up to me, mom and Grandpa to load the queen mattresses, dressers, couches, and much much more. Talk about tough work!


after finally getting everything loaded up, mom and I decided that it'd be best to not unload all this furniture back out into the rain. We planned to park it at grandma & grandpa Nobles. Grandpa went to pick dad up from the hospital and take him home. Being as stubborn as he is, dad insisted he go out to Grandpas house to see the truck and trailer. After viewing the furniture inside, damp - not good on the wood - he and mom decided we needed to get the furniture dried off and out of the cold asap. Almost in tears, I called a good friend of mine that used to work at the theater, he was more than willing to help right away and even suggested one of his friends would be willing to help too! I was so grateful for their thoughtfulness and willingness to help! I for one didn't think it was possible to have everything unloaded and in their correct places in UNDER AN HOUR!:) Thanks Steven and Mike!


I felt like this pretty much the whole day. But when everything is said and done, we get this! (see below!)

All my bedroom furniture in my room (except we couldn't find bed rails so I am just sleeping on my mattresses on the floor until dad can build some) I am missing the dresser and night stand to this set though, we're lucky we found this much though!


Washer and Dryer in place!


Living room being put together!


And my Kitchen almost set up!

I love my new place & have had so much fun decorating, organizing, and going through old things! I am having such a great time, and am so thankful to all those who helped me this passed week move in!

2 comments:

JLynn said...

hey, that bed looks familiar! Is that the one that was down in my bedroom in Wenatchee?

Deanna said...

Sure is. Without the bed rails of course. I think i might just put the head board up and scratch making any rails. Mom and dad will find the rails soon enough when they move most everything out of storage this year (if all goes as planned)