Saturday, May 8, 2010

All Dogs Go To Heaven

So as most everyone knows, last night mom and dad let Bodie out to go poddy at the usual time - 2 am. After waiting awhile mom had to leave him outside as he would not return home. In the morning they expected he'd be waiting to be let in, or bark. They heard nothing. Dad went out all morning in search for our missing dog. He searched the woods, talked to all the neighbors, went all directions and did not see one trace of Bodie. He came home to inform her of the lack of his findings. They called me at work. I had to step in the other room and shed a few tears. They posted it on facebook to let all the kids know, as well as the grand kids. I hear Maggie was beside herself! My little drama queen:) She was real attached to Bodie, and you'll see in the pictures below she LOVED Bodie. All the Grand kids did:) Over all Bodie was really good with kids, and was a fun puppy to have around. He was always aware of mom and dad's aches and pains, and would always be sensitive towards my feelings. He was my companion for the past few years in many ways spending long lonely nights with me while mom and dad traveled the globe:) I have loved Bodie, and although puppy-sitting in my apartment wasn't my favorite...I'm glad I got to be as close to him as I was:) I hope he's safe, and not in pain, and I hope it's true....the saying...

"All dogs go to Heaven"



Bodie playing and cleaning a pup from Pipers latest litter last February.


Bodie rides Shot-gun in mom's car!


Bodies favorite place for an evening winter nap:) Wrapped up in dad's blanket in his lap:)


He is so spoiled:)


Dad walks Bodie in the park in Issaquah, WA


Bodie plays with Deanna in the snow:) The first snowfall of 2009




Bodie, Piper and .... Oh my I can't even remember the other dogs name! Sorry Brandi and Adam! Oh wait, Bowser - that's right. Here Maggie playing with all the dogs.


He was king of the lawn:)


I love him so much. I even took my senior pictures with him:)
Look how tiny he was!


The dog-sitter:)


When you would talk to body, he would turn his head to the side - almost as if he was confused. If you turned your head to the other side, he would repeat the gesture. It'll be sad to talk to David on the phone when he'll ask me, "where's Bodie, Where's Piper?" He is always so concerned about his dogs. The family dog - is missing. We still don't know if he got taken by an animal or not. It is the best scenario though that we could come up with. Especially since he doesn't stay away from home this long, is never this quiet, there is no trace of him...

God be with you til' we meet again, Bodie!

0 comments: