Monday, May 24, 2010

Soccer Dance

This last Friday night I was able to attend another YSA dance in Spokane. We left Sandpoint around 7:30 and got to the dance around 9 pm. We were the first ones there, literally. The lights were still on, and they were making the play list for the dance...Needless to say we heard every song twice that night. A few of us played soccer for awhile before people really started showing up and they turned the lights off.



And so the dance begins. This is Minta Kramer with her Thriller dance. Ha - ha.


The dance theme was Soccer due to the World Cup. Most all the guys were wearing their mission jersey's and most all the girls were wearing something they found at a thrift store or borrowed from a friend. I was fortunate enough to borrow Adam's Jersey he got in Venezuela. The picture above is my friend Kyli Tompkins and I.



Megan Cohen, Kyli Tompkins and I.



I was also able to pick up my friend Kaynie Nelson from Post Falls, WA. She just relocated there and was free. We met up with Nicole Attridge at the dance who lives in Spokane, WA. These 2 ladies I met in Alaska summer of 2008 when I worked for Princess Tours. It was fun to have a mini reunion for a night. We also ran into another friend from Alaska that Summer Bethanie, but she took off before my camera had charged enough to get a photo!



Minta Kramer and I dancing!



Matthew Bouse, Jeff, Megan, Me and Kylie hanging out at the Stake center in Spokane.


Minta messing around. Funny thing is, she's not even touching me!!!


Kyli and I. We have so much fun together! Love her!


Taking time for a pyramid!

After the dance it's tradition for us to stop by Denny's on the way home. Our group of 9 had the best waitress ever. You could tell Carla had had a rough night. When we arrived there was 3 really drunk girls who didn't even tip her and had made a huge huge mess. So we made sure to tip her well:) All in all we had such a fun night! Kyli and I made it back to my apartment by 2 am, and headed to bed. Then we ended up talking till around 5 am as it started to get light. It was fun to talk about different things both of us are going through. It's nice to have new friends:)

0 comments: