Wednesday, August 18, 2010

We like things that go, "boom . . . boom . . . boom "

Being the youngest of 6 children, I've always looked up to my brothers. I used to want to be just like them. Whether it was sitting and watching as they spray paint the bottom of their stand-up jet-ski hot pink, or while they played duck hunt on the original Nintendo - I always wanted to be by their side. I've noticed as we got older, nothings changed. At Bearlake, UT a couple years ago, snowmobiling intimidated me...I watched my brother hill-climb, and side-hill and all those cool sledding terms I know nothing about . . . I understood that if they could do it, so could I. They convinced me to do things I would have never done if they weren't there!

While all my brothers were home this past weekend, they decided to go shooting and invited me to come along. I was so excited! I love learning new things, and spending time outdoors with my brothers! We always have so much fun! Andrew spent a lot of time showing me how to shoot and reload his guns! It was real entertaining. By the end of the night - I had successfully shot a few clay pigeons! Go me!

After shooting, we ended the evening with a blast from Tannerite. My brother Matt brought up some from UT when he came home! Apparently it's legal, and not flammable? I don't really understand it all, but all I can attest is that it goes "BOOM" and a huge flash happens and a big plume of smoke follows. It demolishes anything within it's path (being a pallet we had it on)

We finished off the night with a good old family fire and s'mores! Always a good time with the "typical Noble males!"



















The carton with Tannerite.

0 comments: