Tuesday, November 16, 2010

D is for Deer whisperer


Yesterday I was awoke by my mom telling me that dad needed help! She was running around like she had lost her brain saying she had to make some phone calls, and for me to put on some warm clothes and head outside to help dad hold the deer! I had NO IDEA what mom was talking about? Was she sleep walking, why is dad holding a deer? Regardless, I got out of bed, put on some heavy sweats and a sweatshirt and walked outside. I looked up the hill and dad (sure enough) was holding a deer! It was hard on his shoulder to keep the deer calm but he was waiting for mom to call Idaho Department of Fish and Game. I walked up to the deer, and she immediately started licking my hand! It was the cutest thing ever! She wasn't scared at all, but she didn't want to be held in one place. Once mom got a hold of Fish and Game, they told us to go ahead and let her go. The asked us not to feed her but to kind of watch to make sure she wanders off. Well, she didn't go far. She then went to our neighbors and followed him around. She was not afraid of people, cars or the road. Bad bad bad news for the little one. Finally fish and game called back and asked if she was still around, when mom said "yes" they decided they would come pick her up as she was already domesticated. Sad to see baby deer go, she was fun for a day:) I then helped dad haul the motorcycles to town with my truck:) All in all a good day outside!

0 comments: