Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Never Grow Up

The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend.
~Cali Rae Turner



A sister is defined as:
a female sibling is called a sister. In most societies throughout the world, siblings usually grow up together and spend a good deal of their childhood socializing with one another. This genetic and physical closeness may be marked by the development of strong emotional bond such as love or enmity.



I realized this week how much I depend on my sister! I have always looked up and admired my sister, but I never realized that I confide in her in so many ways. I love the time we get to spend together, and it never seems to be quite enough. I always think of the many late nights we would stay up together in our bed playing games when we were supposed to be sleeping. All the many jokes and laughs we shared together. The memories are endless. I know growing up I used to beg for my own room. There was nothing I wanted more then to be able to have a sleep over where my sister didn't have to spend the night in the room too...But I now couldn't thank my parents enough for making us share a bedroom together - even when there were spare bedrooms available. It raised my sister and I to be best friends. As I grew older and my sister went off to college, I realized, I never want to grow up! When I'm feeling down, or helpless, I know that my sister is just a phone call away. She has done so much for me in our times together, that it would take a lifetime to repay her. The life-lessons and encouragement she gives me cannot be replaced in any other way. I was so excited when she got engaged to my Brother-in-law Andrew, although I knew I would be giving her away. I am so glad my sister hasn't neglected me after she got married. I love her with all my heart, and am so glad that I not only have the best sister in the world, but the best friend in the world!

Best friends never grow apart:)

1 comments:

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

Hahahha!

Dear Deanna,

I love you!

Love Steph!