Sunday, April 3, 2011

Aunt Danna!

The greatest blessing of being in Rexburg, Idaho at school, is the opportunity to watch my niece and nephew. I get to come and play and laugh and joke and run and wear each other out. We play so hard! I love watching these two grow and learn. We play all sorts of sports, chase each other, eat, color, build towers, play games and run and run and run till Aunt DANA can't take anymore. I love being near them and being able to spend as much time as I can with them. It always breaks my heart when David follows me to the door, asking tons of questions stalling my departure. If he had it his way, I would never leave! He is the sweetest little thing I have ever met. On occasion, he will walk up to me and say, "Aunt Dana, You're my best friend! Thanks Aunt Dana!" Does that not just steal your heart?

This semester I have watched little miss Hannah grow a lot as well, she is now learning to say a lot of words, shake her head yes and no according to the question or situation, walk, and also learn to share. She is also real sweet with her gentle spirit to her babies, and David. She is also a cuddle bug when she is not on the go! Here are some photos of my babysitting experiences most recently (the last week or so)


Hannah is such a cheese-ball. She knows she is a goof and isn't afraid to play it up.


I got to be here for bath time a couple nights. Hannah would say "buh Bah" which stands for bubbles. Bath time is Hannah's favorite time of the day, she does not hesitate to strip off her clothes and jump in. Ba....ba....ba?-is what she will say when we pass the bathroom. If it's a bath night, it's a good night in the Hansen home. David also loves the bath, but Hannah seems to hog the bubbles for the most part, so David hogs the camera!


Look at her! she is fascinated!


These children are so beautiful! I love being able to live so close to them to watch them grow. I am sad I will miss the birth of my sisters third child, but come fall, hopefully I will be able to spend some time here to make up for time lost!

0 comments: