Sunday, April 3, 2011

Truck get's a Boo Boo



At the end of February, I woke up one morning and looked out the window - like I do every morning. This particular morning instead of noticing the abnormally warm day, I noticed a piece of paper flapping in the light breeze. This paper was slid under my windshield wipers. I thought to myself, hmm, maybe someone wishing me a good day, I will go grab it. No such thing, instead it was a note...saying:

Sorry I hit your truck, I slid on some ice and my back end broke your taillight. I'm so sorry, please feel free to contact me anytime, again I'm sorry.

AHHH ARE YOU KIDDING ME, JUST WHAT I NEED. I took it to have an estimate done, and the estimate was nearly $600.03. I then took it to the girl, who with her parents decided that turning it into insurance was probably the best way to go. The insurance bounced me here and there and everywhere...Finally I told them I wasn't going to deal with this anymore, that I was going to talk to my insurance and they could deal with them. Instead they sent and adjuster to my apartment and he knocked on my door. His estimate was a hole $300 over what the shop gave me. He then recommended that I cash settle as he projected high due to my struggle with their company. I talked to dad who agreed, so I will be awaiting a check in the mail soon:)

1 comments:

Curt said...

hello...you can order that taillight on eBay for like $50!